“I want to fight Usyk for all the belts and that’s it really, and then they can fight the winner. Then that’s it, I’m done,” Tyson Fury told Boxing Social
“No, I’m not really interested in fighting Joe Joyce, I’m not interested [in Dillian Whyte]… I’m enjoying myself on a daily basis, and that’s it. I’ve always said I’m only interested in two fights – Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk” Tyson Fury told iFLTV when asked who he may fight next in early 2022
Tyson Fury appears fully focused on a undisputed bout with Usyk next, followed by a clash with Anthony Joshua thereafter should he beat the Ukrainian champion.
These recent comments from Fury wont be welcomed by Dillian Whyte and his supporters, as he continues to fight for recognition as the WBC mandatory challenger. There are conflicting reports that Whyte disputes the mandatory challenger’s purse percentage, which the WBC has reduced and favours the champion. Bob Arum recently invited Dillian Whyte to accept a voluntary defence from the champion Tyson Fury, but unconfirmed reports state the issue relates to purse splits
It’ll be interesting to see how this all plays out…
1) Will the Usyk vs Joshua rematch take place
2) Would Joshua step aside to let that fight happen (Fury vs Usyk) if he was given a contract clause/agreement he would fight the winner
3) Can Whyte legally force the WBC to install him as mandatory challenger under purse slips he believes he’s entitled to.
4) Would Whyte rethink or renegotiate his position in order to get his first world title fight against Fury
5) Would Fury ever agree to fight Whyte?
How do you think this will all play out?? Share your thoughts